Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome to Mole and Mouse

The cover of the book that inspired the name of this blog
Hello, and welcome to Mole and Mouse. This is the first of many posts about our house and the adventures that come with fixing, enhancing, and decorating a home. Although we are renters, we are really going to make this house our own. This is first time time that we have felt it was worth investing time and money into personalizing, and making everything just the way we want it. We are planning on living in this house for at least five years, so we don't feel like we'll improve things just to move right after; and we have a fairly cooperative landlord who not only allows things like painting and changing out fixtures (because, honestly, it can only makes things better) but also has agreed to reimburse us for any changes that are necessary or that he deems desirable.

   Have a look around, check out the "before" photos and the floorplan, and read through the Master List (or not, it is huge). I will try to post at least once a week or whenever I make progress on a project. Right now, I'm off to work on weatherizing. I'm freezing!

P.S. How do you like my drop cap (the big, fancy, green 'H'). I'm going to use one every post and see if I can never repeat.

Image credit: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment